Hey all! Here to update you with some information this week, we wanted to let you know about our knitting group we have here at Farmland Quilting & Embroidery. We have a knitting circle that meets every Friday of the month from 1-3pm. No fees are required, however feel free to donate 50 cents per week to help pay rent for the room.
The name of the group is “Knitting With Ginny”, but knitting isn’t the only thing we do! This is a great place to come when you can’t find time anywhere else; you won’t have to answer the phone. We work, chat, and laugh a lot. Come prepared to play with yarn, string, fibers etc.
Just bring your HANDWORK project such as:
– Those UFO’s (UnFinished Objects) that are lurking in the closet;
– Sweater parts that are still just parts and nothing wearable;
– The Mile-A-Minute afghan strips that’s not yet an afghan;
– The embroidered blocks that are gathering dust because the colors
You chose don’t work with your “now” decor;
HANDWORK is stressed as there are no machines used in the process of making your wonderful creations. This is also a learning time, at every meeting there is a short demonstration of a technique, or information about a product or project.
ALSO: Did you know?
– There are at least 6 different ways to cast-on for knitting?
– There are only 3 stitches ever used in knitting?
– There are at 7 basic stitches in crochet?
– Tatting is nothing more than tying knots on a string?
– Bobbin lace is a form of weaving?
– Needle lace is made with a needle and thread: no loom required?
Come on in and join us for a fun time! Check our web site’s Show Calendar
if you forget the date or time. Don’t think that you have to be skilled in order to be welcome. If you want to learn to knit, and don’t know a knitting needle from a crochet hook, come on in! We will be more than glad to help you.
We also have a selection of yarn, thread (both embroidery and crochet), knitting needles, crochet hooks, etc. More will be coming in the near future.
Keep that thread or yarn flowing through your fingers!